Improving collaboration and communication is a top priority for most businesses.
And if you’re looking to create a workplace where employees can easily share ideas, collaborate on projects, and work better together; you might be thinking of investing in a collaborative work management tool.
But with a choice of tools in the marketplace, which is best for your business?
Well, before you make a choice; you might want to get your hands on the latest Forrester report.
Published last week, the report looks at 10 leading providers of collaborative work management tools including Airtable, Asana, Clarizen, Microsoft, Monday.com, Planview, ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Workfront, ProjectManager.com and Wrike.
What are collaborative work management tools?
Collaborative work management (CWM) focuses on the importance of collaboration and communication in the workplace.
By using CWM tools, you can create a central hub where everyone can work on projects, share ideas, plan together, communicate easily, and keep track of overall status and progress.
With CWM tools:
- Location is irrelevant – teams can collaborate even when people are in different countries
- All communication is in one place – no more hunting for emails and attachments
- There is increased accountability and transparency
- Projects run more efficiently – no more status updates or meetings to assign tasks
- Plans can be easily updated or adjusted as the project moves along
- Everyone is encouraged to provide input
How the Forrester report was created
Using 34 criteria, the researchers analysed and scored each of the CWM tools, identifying the strengths and weaknesses of each.
The result is a comprehensive report to help you choose the right collaborative work management tool for your business.
Of course, as a Smartsheet consultant; I was particularly interested to see how Smartsheet fared in Forrester’s report. So, I was delighted to read the results which say:
“Smartsheet leads the pack with a balance of features and future strategy.”
In this report, Forrester names Smartsheet a leader in Collaborative Work Management, and also notes that:
- Data management, artificial intelligence, and business-oriented workflow design are Smartsheet’s most important differentiators
- Smartsheet’s capabilities allow teams to design tools to support project and process management that fits their needs with little formal technology support
- Smartsheet’s flexible collaboration capabilities allow people to work together on various types of content, regardless of whether they are internal colleagues or external partners or customers
The big takeaway from this report is that collaborative work management is essential for all businesses today and the CWM market is poised for rapid growth & further innovation.
Or if you’d like to find out how CWM tools could transform collaboration and communication in your business, drop me a line to book your free discovery call.